Saturday 26 March 2011

The sun has got his hat on...

Spring has arrived, and with it the days are getting longer, which for me is a big bonus, as I can make art later ( don't you hate making it by artificial light?), and I can feel the warmth of the sun this week on my face, making me feel so much happier! Today I made 2 little mini canvases, which I covered in Viva Decor Terra paint. I stamped into the Terra with a wet stamp (this is from Flower Fever). Just make sure that you wash your stamp thoroughly after using it, as dried Terra will not come off! The blue/green Canvas is the chicken wire background, and works so well, as it gives a really deep surface to paint on.

Spray the whole canvas with Adirondack Color Wash in various shades, and Perfect Pearl mists, and then add some new Crafty Notions Gleam. This is a smooth cream which glides on effortlessly, and gives a polish to your artwork :))

Finally I made uteed moulds from the meltpot. The large round face (I think he resembles a sun or moon face) is a new mould also by Crafty Notions, as is the mini butterfly on the blue canvas. Finally I added a bit of gleam with my finger to the uteed moulds.
Spring is definitely here!
Have a Creative Day
Jennie

8 comments:

Kate said...

and even lovelier IRL! So cute :)

Sid said...

Two fab creations !!

Joanne said...

I love all the effects you have created there. I hope to 'play' with my Terra today. Thanks for the tips.
Hugs Joanne xx

Minxy said...

I am absolutely loving these, there totally FAB :D

Artyjen said...

Love that face :) Think I may have to get that! The texture is fabby.
xoxo Sioux

whyducks said...

Oh lovely Jennie

craftytrog said...

They're gorgeous Jennie!!!

Von said...

Great little pieces Jennie love them both :)