Monday 4 July 2011

I am Woman by Sioux Jenneys

Happy Monday! It's my turn to share a little something today :)


1. I started by using one of the 7cm boxes from a Configurations Print Tray and painted it with pink sherbet Paint Dabber.


2. Stamped the Baroque Background onto tissue with Archival chrome yellow and used multi-medium matte to stick it to the inside of the box. I then stamped the word woman from Nudes 063 plate onto a piece of thick acetate making sure it was long enough to bend the edges over to eventually stick to the inside edges of the box.

...I rested it on the box to take the picture in the hope it shows up better.


3. Stamped one of the crowns from Crowning Glory onto metal in Staz On and cut out then embossed a little to give some dimension......I knew I wanted to hang this piece from my cork board so attached a piece of grunge paper to the back so that I could use a tack to hang it with.


4. If you remember from my post the other day....the design team are featuring Baubles and Buttons this month that are on special offer here ;) ;)

...I attached the bauble with some wire and covered it with a little bit of paper from the Lost and Found stack.


5. I cut the wreath from the Regal Crest die (that's on special offer too at the minute) and stamped the houndstooth background in Archival sepia then coloured it with Distress Ink wild honey.....Yum!

....attached a heart gem and the wreath with silicone glue to the front.


6. The Gibson girl 4 was stamped in Archival coffee and attached with dimensional pads.

I hope you can see that the word women is attached to the sides and the scrabble tiles have also been glued to thick acetate and attached in the same way to get some added dimension.


That was fun :) See you again soon!
xoxo Sioux

9 comments:

craftytrog said...

She's fabulous! xx

Helen said...

Great art Sioux!

Joanne said...

All woman Sioux, all woman. Just like you.XX
Hugs Joanne xx

Dragon said...

Woo this is fabulous Sioux... she IS all woman!!
Frankis
xx

Sid said...

Love the 3D effect on this piece !!

Kat said...

Hi Sioux,
this is such a great project,
love it!
Kat.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, your work is so intricate! I don't know how you have the patience, I certainly wouldn't! Thank so much for you kind comments last week - it made this newbie very happy :) xx

Laura said...

Great piece. I love the way you have made it look like a thistle with the crown at the top. Ingenious.

Rach said...

stunning hun.. hugs rachxx