Thursday 11 October 2012

Happy Halloween by Emma


Hi everyone! Once again, time has flown by and it's already that time of the month for me to share my first piece with you all and I really hope you like it!
Here's how I created the piece...

Firstly, I used Tim's faux metal riveted technique that he used for his September tag, in the 12 tags of 2012 series and covered a Manila tag. I then covered the tag with Hazelnut, Eggplant and Gold Mixative Alcohol Inks before sanding the surface.

Next, I used the Tim Holtz Gadget Gears Alteration Die to die cut some chipboard which I then painted with the gold Adirondack Paint Dabber. Once the paint was dry, I applied the black paint dabber over the top and then, gently wiped away some of the paint. I then die cut the '31' from the Gothic Boo die and applied black paint over the numerals, before brushing the edges with gold paint.
Next, I blended a piece of white card with Old Paper Distress Ink, added Black Soot around the edges and distressed the paper slightly. I then stamped the image of Phineas Pinchbeck onto the card and I also stamped the Happy Halloween Ticket from Tim's Odds and Ends Stamp set.
I added all the die cut and stamped elements onto my tag, together with the a piece of the Film Strip Ribbon, attached with the Tiny Attacher and some Sprocket Gears, with the Game Spinners attached to the centre.
Finally, I added Glossy Accents onto the clock on the stamped image and threaded seam binding through the top of the tag and tied it into a bow.
Here's a list of what I used:

Thank you for stopping by to take a look at my little tag and I can't wait to read all your comments!
That's it from me for now but I'll see you all again, soon!
Emma x

13 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great make, love I and I lovethis stamp!trace x

Tracey-B said...

What a great tag, I love everything about it!

Helen said...

Love it, Emma!

froebelsternchen said...

a treasure!

Artyjen said...

What a fabby tag :)
xoxo Sioux

Redanne said...

Fabulous tag, love that Phineas stamp and all your wonderful embellies.

Unknown said...

That is sooo horribley gorgeous! Haha!
The stamp is brill.
xxx

Claudia N. said...

Sooooo fantastic, Emma!!!!

Love all the wonderful detail you put into this great project!!!!

Hugs,
die amelie x

sam21ski said...

Fabulous Tag Emma xx

Janny Jager said...

Fabulous Tag Emma
Love all details on it.

Greetings Janny

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely delicious - fabulous subtle colours, vintage stamping, brilliant embellishing... altogether a stunning tag! I just love it!
Alison x

Shirley Davis (crafter) said...

... here I am (over from Emma's blog) ... well, my, this is a different side of your artistic talent and, amazingly, I do like it. Not given to all things 31/10 normally, but I can still admire the expertise, ingenuity and skill that has brought this art into the world. Well done.

craftimamma said...

Fabulous tag Emma. Love every element of it!

Hugs
Lesley Xx