Monday 16 December 2013

2013 highlights by Sioux at The Artistic Stamper

All of us here at The Artistic Stamper Team are sharing their three most favourite makes of the past 12 months.....so here are my top three favourites today.



This was made especially for my sweetheart on the occasion of his Ordination.
Yes folks, I'm marrying a man in black!!
I never in a million years thought it would be that sort of black though! ROFL
All the details can be found on the original post here - Grace



I'm very fond of masking...you may have noticed ;)
This card just made my heart sing and I loved the colours too.
You can see all the details on this post - Carpe Diem



When I made this I decided I was going to hold out for a hero and this sentiment sums up how I felt my life should be...even though at the time it was no where near a breathless life! LOL
It uses my dancer stamps....and what a wonderful thing to have your designs made into rubber...
...Thanks so much Jennie for the fabulous opportunity...
All the details are on the original post here - Breathless

Now the hard bit...

I am also announcing that I am stepping down from the team after over 3 years of arty fun.

It was such a thrill when Jennie asked me to join the team...and to be frank it helped keep me sane when the world as I knew it fell apart on the death of my husband...
...at times it was a struggle to find the mojo to carry on and make my posts but somehow I always managed to pull it off!

It's been wonderful to share this whole stamping malarkey with all the teamies there have been along the way and it's always been a pleasure to try and share some of the how to's too!

The ability to share stuff with everyone is what makes the Internet and blogging worth while.

Time moves on (scarily so for me this year), life evolves and now love grows and as some of you know, I have met the man of my dreams...
...he thinks I'm dreamy too ;)...what could be better?


So it's so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu from me to The Artistic Stamper Creative Team.
Thanks for all your lovely positive thoughts over the years...you are all stars ;)

I thought I'd leave you this little ATC as my last make as part of the creative team...
...it fits the bill don't ya think? :)


Distress Ink swooshed background - worn lipstick
(how appropriate LOL)

and wild honey
(well he is my honey...I'm keeping it to myself about the wild bit! ROFL)

Ball Bottle :) - stamped in Adirondack black and masked
(never thought I'd have such a special use for that image!)

The globe section of Round the World stamped in Distress Ink Vintage photo and masked
('cos of all the towns in all the world he walked into mine ;)

Calligraphic Mat 13 stamped in Distress Ink aged mahogany

The Silhouettes from T!m's Mini Halloween 3 set stamped in Archival and cut out with a little border as was the small label from the same set. Date stamps from Dates A6

Ooh! Making that made me happy :) Thanks for looking and happy stamping!

P.S. I'll still be making things with all the great stamps here at The Artistic Stamper and entering challenges too when the time allows :)

Thanks for looking and happy stamping!
xoxo Sioux

9 comments:

Helen said...

Lovely to see some of your makes again, Sioux. Good luck for May and your future happiness,but we'll miss you here for sure.

Jenny Marples said...

What a wonderful way to bow out of this chapter. It has always been a joy to see your makes and I can vouch personally for the beauty of your own stamp designs. May you and your sweetheart have a most wonderful Christmas together, and may 2014 bring you everything you both wish for, including a fabulous wedding in May. Jenny xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful creations, and a beautiful post to read, Sioux - we're certainly going to miss you around here, but that romantic, joyous ATC definitely leaves me with a song in my heart for your future happiness! Hope you have a wonderful festive season, and good luck with all the wedding preparations... have a wonderful time!
Alison xx

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Gorgeous makes !!
I'll miss you !

Lucy Edmondson said...

What gorgeous work! And what a romantic post. I truly believe if you can love once with all your heart you can do so again. Wishing you both every happiness,

Lucy x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful projects! A very happy Christmas to you & your beloved & all the very best for the future.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Sioux, I will miss your gorgeous creations, and your never ending ability to work with our stamps:)
I admire your tenacity to never let us down, even when at your lowest. I wish you the absolute best for your forthcoming marriage. We will miss you
Hugs
Jennie x

Astrid Maclean said...

I am running way behind,but just wanted to tell you that I thought all of your creations were stunning Sioux, of the ones you have shown just now, the butterfly is my favourite, it makes my heart sing too. I am so happy for you that your life has turned around!! You will be sadly missed here on the team but I wish you all the very, very best!!! xoxo Astrid

craftytrog said...

You've picked 3 wonderful makes Sioux. They are all beautiful, but I especially love the simplicity of 'Grace', absolutely perfect for your sweetheart's Ordination.
Wishing you all the very best for 2014, you will be very much missed here.
Alison xxx