Thursday 4 February 2016

Heart Art Part II The Love Letter by Dee

Hi Everyone Dee here today with the second part of my post and
 continuing the theme heart art. This is the inside of the box and is 
called the love letter as she has it all secreted away in her love 
box the photo of her love and his letters all held 
together with a gold heart.
I painted the inside of the box with distress paints and spritzed them so the 
colours mingled together to give a lovely warm red.
For the letter I used an old craft coloured envelope which I stamped with 
the Calligraphic Mat 12 and used Distress inks both Walnut Stain &
 Vintage photo.  Around the torn edges I distressed with 
running vintage photo round.
I glued two different sized beer mats together to create my note photo
 keeper. this was coloured with the same distress paints that were used 
on both the lid and the inside of the box.
This was then stamped with the bark background stamp from The
 Artistic Stamper, Archival ink was used on the stamp & black soot 
was applied to the edges of the matt.
I tore a strip of the craft paper off and stamped with the calligraphy matt
in black archival and glued it down the middle of the matt.
Gold embossed heart see link here to previous post for the box. The photo's 
were then attached as was the film strip which I attached with
 glossy accents.
The ornate corner was then applied.
Well that about sums it up I hope you have enjoyed this post as much as 
I have creating it.
If there is anything you are not sure of please contact Jennie at the shop I am sure she will be able to get it for you. I hope you all have an amazing Valentines day and see you again towards the end of the month. Please feel free to leave a comment as these are what inspire me 
and make doing these projects so rewarding.
Cheers Dee x

Products Used
  1. Artistic Stamper stamps:- Calligraphic Mat 12, Bark 2 Background, Doodle Bubbles Background size A6 & Neil Walkers Large Heart.
  2. Distress Paint in the following colours:-Barn Door, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, & Wild Honey.
  3. Distress ink:- Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain & Black Soot.
  4. Jet Black Archival Ink.
  5. Gold embossing powder &  & Embossing ink pad.
  6. Other pieces from my stash to include film strip Tim's Ideaology, beer mats, Old photo's, brads & Metal Ornate Corner. 

8 comments:

Sid said...

Great and inspirational ! Love the distressed antique look !

Astrid Maclean said...

Absolutely stunning!! Brilliant from beginning to end, - the textures and colours are amazing!!

Unknown said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so ELEGANTLY FABULOUS Dee. I am AWED. Seriously INCREDIBLY WONDROUSLY BEAUTIFUL. Wow. Wow. j.

SewPaperPaint said...

I'm with Joi! AHHHHHHHHH! Such fabulousness! This is truly inspiring and amazing! I love what you've done with the hearts, so very cool!!!

Juliz Design Post said...

Stunning, fabulous, wonderful Valentines project. Love it.
Julie x

Gerrina said...

Beautiful! Love that old-warm look!

sarascloset said...

Fabulous Valentine project! I love those worn colors and the gold heart has stolen mine!

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning creation - beautiful stories woven in and around it. This is really special, Dee.
Alison x